Friday, June 23, 2017

Unintended consequence: Election delay may benefit Jovenel Moïse

Unintended consequence: Election delay may benefit Jovenel Moïse

Posted In: Haiti Politics

• Profile photo of Samuel Maxime

Samuel Maxime
    on: Sunday August 7, 2016 at 10:43 am #6443

Without a doubt the 2015 elections, particularly the presidential elections, were fraudulent. PHTK’s candidate Jovenel Moïse was placed first when I believe the exit polls which say he was fourth. The elections were brought to a halt and now we have a prolonged presidential campaign. Rather than a month, we essentially have a campaign of more than a year going.
    This actually puts Jovenel Moise in a better position than he was last year.
    Moïse was unknown last year and now he has been in the public eye for a longer amount of time. The Haitian people have gotten more time to familiarize themselves with him. He was largely tied with former President Michel Martelly last year but in Martelly’s absence has earned the image of the political outsider.
    Jude Celestin has been in government before and is tied to a two-term president Rene Preval.
    Jean-Charles Moïse has been in government for decades, a 3-time mayor and senator, he is tied to Preval and another two-term president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide.
    Then we have Maryse Narcisse, more than the other two, she is running as the third term of former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide. She running under a nearly 3 decade old party and has not shown any originality to Aristide. She has not distanced herself in the least from criticisms of the Lavalas regime.
    Would like to know what other people see on this.

Profile photo of Samuel Maxime

Samuel Maxime
    on: Sunday August 7, 2016 at 8:53 pm #6456

All it should mean is an improvement from and unknown to a known this time around.

Profile photo of Ivan Gong

Ivan Gong
    on: Sunday August 21, 2016 at 5:33 am #6787

Hi Samuel,

I saw Moise’s t-shirt campaign on Booster and surprisingly there are quite a sizable amount of people paying to support him and saying Haiti will be better under Moise. I wonder if they really support Moise or they are just Moisebots? What do you see on this?

Ivan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Or