PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (sentinel.ht) – Police Inspector Garry Desrosiers, Deputy Spokesman of the National Police of Haiti (PNH) prepared and presented a partial assessment of the incidents occurring on election day, Sunday, November 20, 2016.
“Today we had a satisfactory result. Unfortunately, several incidents were reported:
- 6 physical assaults,
- 1 stabbing
- 1 illegal detention
- 7 illegal possessions of firearms
- 3 individuals throwing stones at a voting center
- 4 cases of sporadic shooting
- 1 case of electoral fraud
- 1 case of disturbing public order in the polling centers
- arrest of several under warrant
- 1 for influence on voters
- barricade clearing
… a total of 43 people were arrested by the police and transferred to justice… 4 vehicles were confiscated, 2 assault rifles and one 9 mm caliber pistol was seized,” Desrosiers said.
“For now PNH remains on the ground, because the counting is taking place and it is necessary that the police accompanying members of polling stations and officials as voting centers,” he concluded.